FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to build 32-bit library?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lutger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: How to build 32-bit library? Reply with quote

I have a 64-bit system (linux) and want to build a 32-bit QTD for use with dmd2. How do I pass the right flags or set the right options in ccmake so it doesn't want to link with the 64-bit QT libraries? I do have all the 32-bit libraries in place.

Thanks.
eldar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've never tried such a combination of OS/compiler, and I'm afraid the build system cannot account for that. The cmake guy is not around very often lately, but it would be good if you file an appropriate ticket, preferably with some explanation how it can be done(at least library names, etc).

Thank you.
Lutger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that it took me so long and for the messy formatting. I was able to build QtD for dmd on 64-bit, here is my ticket:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd/ticket/37

I don't think there are any different libraries required, just a 32-bit package of qt-devel and all it's dependencies. You will notice linker errors when missing a package, it's tedious but trivial to install them by hand if need be.

My solution to build QtD for dmd is by using the -m32 option in the right flags, I kinda forgot that there is also a windows target: would this still be portable?

EDIT: I noticed that minGW is required on windows, so -m32 for sure should be ok there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> QtD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: