FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am NOT abandoning MiniD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: I am NOT abandoning MiniD Reply with quote

You may have seen my recent RAGEQUIT on the D newsgroups. I just want to clarify that I am not abandoning MiniD. I love it like a child, and I do still like developing in D (for the most part).

Also, don't think for a second that I'm not abandoning D entirely either. I'm helping working on something that you might be interested in, but it's not my place to say what it is. Just.. keep a look out.

Last edited by JarrettBillingsley on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
csauls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to hear that; since MiniD is my favorite language of all time! Okay, that's exaggerating a weebit, but I am rather fond of it. Wouldn't have liked the thought of having to re-implement the damned thing just to keep it around.

Keep "in touch."
maustin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: I am NOT abandoning MiniD Reply with quote

JarrettBillingsley wrote:
You may have seen my recent RAGEQUIT on the D newsgroups. I just want to clarify that I am not abandoning MiniD. I love it like a child, and I do still like developing in D (for the most part).

Also, don't think for a second that I'm not abandoning D entirely either. I'm helping working on something that you might be interested in, but it's not my place to say what it is. Just.. keep a look out.

One of the things I think is unique about MiniD is the dynamic argument type checking/nullable types, it's strictness and the module system. You just don't find it in other similar languages. I also have a fondness for Dylan, but it's more of a compiled language although highly dynamic.

Keep up the good work!
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys :3
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: