FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to get started

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthias

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Trying to get started Reply with quote

I've done a few simple things in D already and am looking to get started in game development. I'm using DSSS with Tango and installed the arclib/derelict packages and the dlls they asked for when I tried to execute the example code. However a few examples don't work, and this may be a tango problem moreso than an arclib one. Or even more likely, a me problem...

If I may, this is what I'm seeing when building soundtest.d and xml.d found at http://svn.dsource.org/projects/arclib/trunk/examples/arc/
Code:
soundtest.d => soundtest
warning - io.FileConduit has been renamed io.device.File
warning - io.MappedBuffer has been replaced with io.device.FileMap
warning - io.FileConduit has been renamed io.device.File
warning - io.MappedBuffer has been replaced with io.device.FileMap

xml.d => xml
warning - io.File functionality has migrated to static functions within io.device.File
xml.d(19): class tango.text.xml.Document.Document!(char).Document member root is not accessible
warning - io.File functionality has migrated to static functions within io.device.File
Command D:\DProgramming\DSSS\bin\rebuild.exe returned with code 1, aborting.

And on executing soundtest
Code:
tango.core.Exception.IOException: testbin/laser.wav :: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Press 's' to play a sound

The others (draw.d, fonttest.d, input.d, math.d, etc.) seem to be working well. I've tried with tango-0.99.5-bin-win32-dmd.1.027.zip and tango-0.99.8-bin-win32-dmd.1.041.zip with similar results. I'm positive there isn't another program accessing the wave file. Could someone help me get working sound? The error I get when compiling xml.d is alarming but not as important to me.
Matthias

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, I tried removing the wave from soundtest.d so it just plays the ogg and got this:

Code:
object.Exception: Access Violation - Read at address 0x4
tango.core.Exception.FinalizeException: An exception was thrown while finalizing an instance of class arc.sound.VorbisFile

object.Exception: Access Violation - Read at address 0x13fb20c0
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm getting back into the swing of D and things and re-arranging some ArcLib code. Once I get everything up I'll have to re-write some of my tutorials, and hopefully I can fix these bugs appearing with the latest Tango.

One quick thing: Make sure you have OpenAL drivers installed.

- Clay
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: