FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

project looks dead? why

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidabu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: project looks dead? why Reply with quote

core32 looks dead, some other looks dead? why?

Last edited by yidabu on Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
jcc7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: protect looks dead? why Reply with quote

yidabu wrote:
core32 looks dead, some other looks dead? why?
I can only speak to the Core32 project since that's what I've been involved with.

When the WindowsAPI project got started, the participants seemed to have a lot of energy. I've been following their progress, and they're still seem to be active. Rather than competing with them, I'd rather just let them do all of the work. Wink It seems to me that they've been doing a good job, but I haven't had a chance to try to convert all of my little personal projects to use Core32 yet. Also, I think that the WindowsAPI project is now used by Tango and far be it for me to compete against that juggernaut. Smile

Also, I'm married, and I have a full-time job that doesn't really relate much to Core32. So I stay busy enough with helping out at Wiki4D and sometimes contributing to the Tutorials project.
l8night

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fine answer, and maybe the reason that I left the D community.
I put a lot of effort into getting the original files ported over to D
I kept MS's file struct and had thought (naive as I was then) that may be Walter would think my efforts where good enought to include in Phobos
(or at least enough ppl would start using my files to do real work on windows)
etc and so on, but instead I basically got told by Walter that my effort was wasted whilst the ppl associated with this web sight where always friendly and helpful I got tired of the unfriendly emails for others who where getting there work accepted as good enought to be included in Walter inner circle.
Now times have changed and I have a personal project that will be easier if I can use D 2.0 (rather than C/C++/C#/Java/Perl/Python/Ruby or some other language that I can write in).
and So will be getting Core32 working with D2.0 on Vista (maybe) ..
well I have XP single core and vista quad core (64bit) dev machines that I use .... we'll see.
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! (I still follow the D newsgroups and the Dsoruce Forums, but I'm in lurk mode 99% of the time.)

l8night wrote:
A fine answer, and maybe the reason that I left the D community.
I put a lot of effort into getting the original files ported over to D
I kept MS's file struct and had thought (naive as I was then) that may be Walter would think my efforts where good enought to include in Phobos
(or at least enough ppl would start using my files to do real work on windows)
etc and so on, but instead I basically got told by Walter that my effort was wasted whilst the ppl associated with this web sight where always friendly and helpful I got tired of the unfriendly emails for others who where getting there work accepted as good enought to be included in Walter inner circle.
It's probably just about as hard now as it was then for non-insiders to contribute code to Phobos. (For what it's worth, it seems like Walter has let Andrei Alexandrescu become the main Phobos developer.)

l8night wrote:
Now times have changed and I have a personal project that will be easier if I can use D 2.0 (rather than C/C++/C#/Java/Perl/Python/Ruby or some other language that I can write in).
and So will be getting Core32 working with D2.0 on Vista (maybe) ..
well I have XP single core and vista quad core (64bit) dev machines that I use .... we'll see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Core32 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: