FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arc's Camera & Math Functions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzzzrrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Arc's Camera & Math Functions Reply with quote

Considering I want to incorporate ArcLib into OpenMelee, I would like to start with arc's camera. Right now I'm using my own hacked version with Dog, but would like to make the transition early.

I've looked at Camera.d, it it looks fairly simple. Where would be the best place to look for an example? I'll also have to modify the code to make it compatible with Dog, although this should be fairly trivial. I already have my zooming and panning functions working, but as I mentioned, I would like to incorporate ArcLib into OpenMelee as soon as possible.

Also, since I'm using multiple libraries, I need to start thinking about which math functions I should rely upon the most. Blaze already includes an outstanding set of vector and math tools, although these are not 100% compatible with team0xf's vector functions and I often find myself having to convert vectors between the two. I've also noticed that ArcLib has it's own math functions and set of naming conventions.

I'm thinking that standardizing things early on will be the best course of action. Thoughts?
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a while before Hybrid is ported to arclib, currently I'm waiting for the next Tango release before I start that task.

I will try to get around to making a camera example.

My advice is to build your GUI using hybrid and build your game using ArcLib.

I would also advise you to use ArcLib's math functions and if there is anything missing (you like something from team0xf or Blaze) tell me so I can implement it into ArcLib's arc.math, and perhaps use Blaze's math functions for physics specific problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: