FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has this project a future?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey-snake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Has this project a future?! Reply with quote

I read in another thread, that the development is discontinued because of the lack of time, which makes me sad, because RP is a very good player!

But are there hopes for a continuation on a later date (maybe it would make sense to bring in a second developer to help out)?

There are two important and annoying things at the moment that need to be fixed in my opinion:

Compatibility with Vista Aero and The "Play DVD"-option (because it doesn't work for me).

If there is no real development going on I am sadly forced to search for alternatives, because these two things are really annoying. But that is not really, what want, because I love RP and I don't want to use any other player!

Thanks for any answers!

Hopefully RP will not be renamed into RIP...

Btw: Yeah, I know there are other more important things in the real life, but as I said, maybe it would really make sense to hire a second developer to help you.
bobef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Grey-Snake,

Why would I want to hire someone to help me for a free project that I make no profit of? But if you want to hire someone you are free to do so Wink Also if anyone wants to takeover/fork - be my guest. Anyway the "lincese" is pretty clear - use without restrictions at your own risk.

OK to answer your question. I'll make it clear this time. I will not develop RP anymore. Reasons explaind in another thread. There is really no point of expectations.

Regards,
bobef
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: