FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DInstaller in D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmartin92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: DInstaller in D Reply with quote

Yay,
This is the version I also plan to have a release that is written fully in D.
I am working on the parser and the test module for it. Then the downloader and last the extractor. All these must be implemented before moving on to the final parts.
If anyone cares to take a look at my C# code and create the extractor that complies to the same interface as my C# code in D I would be happy to let them do so. I have no experience of using libarchive for D and I'm on a windows machine so it may not work. I will try it anyway. Please be willing for your code to be subject to change such as captilization and _ instead of camel case.
Besides that this is the build system I am using: DMD 1.022, DFL(Latest version), Tango(Don release), and DSSS 0.73 with libarchive downloaded and the windows files downloaded manually.
Any suggestions toward the build system would be appreciated. No phobos support planned.

Lester L. Martin II
lmartin92

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Almost Reply with quote

For those of you that have expirimented with my C# version(hopefully someone has) I am almost done with the D version of the parser. It now supports everything but the ability to split each internal node delimited by " into a string correctly. I am working on that. When that is done I'll put it in SVN. Oh for those who think I'm working slow I am 15 and hold a job and have school work and am waking up at 3 am just to get 2 hours worth of testing my enviroment, viewing email, visiting forums and writing code. Also I am lucky every once in a while to get in an evening. If this is not busy what is.

Lester L. Martin II
okibi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working 50+ hour weeks, going to college full time, taking care of your 1 year old son, and trying to find time to go on a date with your wife...

Smile
lmartin92

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Dinstaller In D Parser part released Reply with quote

Ok Okibi you're way busier. I'm just feeling sleep deprived.

Anyway, on the subject, DInstaller in D is now in svn. It at the moment has only the parser and a test for it. Just run build assuming you have installed DMD to the C:\ directory with name C:\dmd and dm to C:\dm.
This only works on windows. Anyone wanna write a shell script? So those of you who were waiting to contribute to the d version, it's here and I would still love contributions. If you have any questions about the code please ask. If you have any problems please ask. Please ask at this forum. I seldom check spam mail as my email would classify it.

Thanks
Lester L. Martin II
lmartin92

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Dinstaller In D Delayed Reply with quote

Dinstaller In D is delayed until I get FtpFolder For Tango finished.
There will be a minor C# update that will let you install the newest versions.
When Dinstaller in D comes back around I will probably use Tango XML and Tango's zip features. Also I will use DWT(After I learn a bit) so it will be crossplatform(however large binary Sad ).

Lester L. Martin II
Phrozen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can always use NSIS, or anything like it for the installer. About the big binary files, I've been using DMD + Tango + Derelict + DFL in one project and Im using UPX with --best. That makes executables way smaller. I'd like to help in anything I can.
lmartin92

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phrozen,

I'm working on a component that is to be integrated into a commonly used D tool that I will then write an installer for D stuff and D source/binary on. Also, I have moved from windows so I don't know how UPX would apply to this. Can you meet me on IRC channel? I tend to visit #d.tango often and from there can tell you what channel to join. Also, email works even better (lestermartin92@gmail.com). I am willing to recieve help on this. However, as soon as you join there is a lot of little stuff that I need to tell you that I can not discuss publicly. Please email me and I can get information and stuff to you quickly. The system I'm thinking of will be very robust. I think I may have actually given more information here than I should have (commonly used... part). Look forward to hearing from you. I really would like help on this. Thanks,
Lester L. Martin II

PS: NSIS is not yet (AFAIK) able to take advantage of all the robust features I plan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DInstaller All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: