FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Requesting working DMD/Tango/Arclib/Derelict combination

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speedbrusher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Requesting working DMD/Tango/Arclib/Derelict combination Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Those of you who're able to compile and run the examples in Arc 0.2, could you please tell me what versions of dmd, tango, derelict and arc you are using? Smile

I seem to be stuck on either having Arc trying to import old tango modules such as util.log.FileAppender etc, or derelict not building.
deadimp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a heads up, I'm having the same problem on Ubuntu 8.04.
I'm using the DMD 1.033 + tango binary package, with separate DSSS 0.78 install.
I installed tango via DSSS and changed the includes in my dsss.conf file to point to the DSSS includes and libs, but there doesn't really seem to be a difference between the preinstalled and the net versions, especially with tango.util.log.

What exactly is FileAppender, and where is it supposed to reside?

Beginning D; Basic experience in PHP, C++, Java, C#, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, VB
deadimp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to get the arclib trunk core to compile by making the appropriate changes from FileAppender to AppendFile in /window.d and from Random to Kiss in math/routines.d - and later found out that building wiht rebuild makes everything easier Smile.
Might be able to post a patch, but I don't really know how to do those just yet...

Beginning D; Basic experience in PHP, C++, Java, C#, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, VB
Speedbrusher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job with the conversion!

Strangely, your first post triggered me to try making the same changes to the arclib 0.2 tango code, and I also managed to get it working Tuesday Smile

Anyway, I soon realized that there are still a lot of 0.2 modules that haven't been converted from the Phobos version - If you're up for it, we could split them between us and try to get it all ported to tango...? Smile

I've uploaded my patched version here:
http://www.pappons.com/arclib0.2_tango0.99.7_patched.zip

notice, as mentioned above, the tango version isn't complete and lacks a lot of modules included in the 0.2 arclib phobos version.
deadimp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the SVN and it seems like clayasaurus made these changes in r1455 yesterday. Good stuff Razz

What other things need to be ported?
Should we start a separate thread for this?

clayasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tango folks like to rename functions and classes, apparently Razz
Speedbrusher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phobos version also included Sprite and Particle modules, which I've added to the patch.

The sprite port is a bit of a hack, as I think I haven't handled the logging as it should be. Apart from that, my sprite test code seems to work as it should Smile

I haven't really tested the particle code, but I don't see how it shouldn't work (at least just as good as it did before Very Happy), since it doesn't have any phobos-specific code in it.

I'll keep this package available for download until Clayasaurus updates the SVN or tells me I'm way off the chart with regards to what should be in Arc 0.2 Smile
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may perhaps consider using the trunk, too?

The trunk contains both Sprite and Particle as "Extensions," and contains "light" too.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/arclib/browser/trunk/arclib
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: