FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some issues with descent (this and ctrl+x)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sceletor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: some issues with descent (this and ctrl+x) Reply with quote

Hi, I got two problems with the newest nightly build of descent:

EDIT
This is an error, and it occurs when a constructor is called using a this in params.
Seems like its unable to keep the this parameter and the this as name of the constructor in order.

Something strange (probably an error) in the Parser:

I wrote:
Code:

Game new_game = new Game(this, new_message);

in class Server

and
Code:

this(Server new_server, CreateGameMessage new_message)
{
}

in class Game (this is the ONLY constructor).

The creation of the game instance is now marked as an error by descent, saying:
Quote:

- Cannot implicitly convert expression (this) of type Server to void
- server.gamelogic.Game: constructor this (void,CreateGameMessage) does not match
parameter types (Server,CreateGameMessage)
- Cannot implicitly convert expression (temp_server) of type Server to void

When I run rebuild, everything compiles just fine.

The second issue is that if I hit Ctrl+a to mark all the text in a file and then ctrl+x to cut it, the marking is removed, but the text remains where it is.
If I repeat the procedure, the text is cut out as it should.
asterite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sceletor,

Sorry, I didn't have time to test that. I answered the other posts because they didn't need anything from me but reading the post. Smile

As for the errors you get, be aware that the semantic errors funcionality is not working correctly and will be disabled in future versions until it works ok (which we'll probably never happen).

Also, what do you mean with "the marking is removed, but the text remains where it is"?
Sceletor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterite wrote:
Hi Sceletor,

Sorry, I didn't have time to test that. I answered the other posts because they didn't need anything from me but reading the post. Smile

Also, what do you mean with "the marking is removed, but the text remains where it is"?

No problem at all. I was just curious.

What I mean by "marking removed":
I f I press ctrl+a the whole text in the file is marked blue to indicate its selected.

If I press ctrl+x, the whole text is normal (not blue) again, but it is still there, and not cut out.

Hope this makes sense to you.

And why do you want to disable semantic error functionality? Its working fine for me, except for the this-in-constructor issue.
asterite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try the cut/paste at home and answer.

I think that semantic errors highlighting is working quite well, but not perfectly. So it may annoy some people. I was thinking of making a list of error ids to disable each one separately. That might work, no? Anyway, I'll consider it. Smile
Sceletor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterite wrote:

I think that semantic errors highlighting is working quite well, but not perfectly. So it may annoy some people. I was thinking of making a list of error ids to disable each one separately. That might work, no? Anyway, I'll consider it. Smile

Sounds great.

The only error I noticed on last release was the issue with freeze on foreach statements. Thats why I switched to current nightly.

The nightly is working perfectly except for the "this" problem, which I mentioned in this post.
Thats why I think it would be very unneccessary to disable the highlighting, it has already saved me months of my development time Laughing
asterite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that! Maybe you are the only person for which everything but one thing works perfectly?

(I only find out about other users when they report bugs... lots of them... Razz)
Sceletor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterite wrote:
I'm glad to hear that! Maybe you are the only person for which everything but one thing works perfectly?

(I only find out about other users when they report bugs... lots of them... Razz)

Well, Im quite sure that moe than a few people are very satisfied with your work!

I personally search for an eclipse plugin for any new language I decided to learn BEFORE looking for other IDEs, and Descent is really helping me much in my development efforts.

But just as you say it, I found another issue:
Code:
Time start = Clock.now;
long ticks = start.ticks();
TimeSpan time = TimeSpan(ticks);
TimeSpan start_span = TimeSpan(ticks);

gives me the errormessage:
Quote:
More initializers than fields of TimeSpan

Although its legal for the compiler.

But this is an issue regarding Tango, not "normal" D Smile

BTW: Should I submit tickets for the bugs I find or do you prefer if people put it in the forum?
I dont want to spam this forum with error reports Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: