FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with the formatter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Problems with the formatter Reply with quote

Hi,
I just tried to use descent's internal formatter, for smaller files it worked quite fine, but in files with more than about 1000 lines it just doesn't do anything.
Is this a bug, or a limitation?

I'd also like to have the option to let the formatter put 2 lines between functions and don't indent things after extern (...): / modifier: .

Leo
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the formatter doesn't format it can happen because of two reasons:
1. There are syntax errors in the file
2. There's a bug in the formatter Razz

Please try to get the smallest source file (starting from your original 1000 lines source file) where it doesn't do anything. Or just send the 1000 lines as a bug report and we'll try to figure it out.

Thanks!
leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time when I wanted to try what you said and I got an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (which I didn't receive before). In the details it said: "Format" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information.
500. The next time the number at the end was 0
Perhaps I forgot to mention that I'm using eclipse 3.4 and that I keep getting various errors all the time most of which are OutOfMemory errors.

But when I cut the file to less than 1000 lines the formatter worked, though after pasting it in again it didn't work any more, but this time without showing that exception.

Leo
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: