FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running GDB does not open debug view

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3-S-E

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Running GDB does not open debug view Reply with quote

Hello,

after some experimenting with descent on windows I switched over to linux (Ubuntu 8.04).

But now I have some trouble to get the debugger work.
I tried to compile my project with dsss 0.75 and the -g switch - but no success.
Then I tried gdc 4.2 (from the synaptic packagemanager of ubuntu) with the -g and -ddgb flag - but no success.

The debugger starts and it seams he waits for some input like at command-line, but descent does not switch to debug-view and a manual switch to this views does not give me any control over the debugger.

My application compiles and runs just fine.

Here the console-output by dgb:

Quote:

GNU gdb 6.8-debian
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) Breakpoint 1 at 0x402bb8: file /home/bse/eclipse/d/test_workspace01/testproject01/src/main/main.d, line 7.
(gdb) (gdb) Starting program: /home/bse/eclipse/d/test_workspace01/testproject01/main
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0x7f163f2136e0 (LWP 23616)]
[Switching to Thread 0x7f163f2136e0 (LWP 23616)]

Breakpoint 1, _Dmain (args={length = 1, ptr = 0x63a480})
at /home/bse/eclipse/d/test_workspace01/testproject01/src/main/main.d:7
/home/bse/eclipse/d/test_workspace01/testproject01/src/main/main.d:7:66:beg:0x402bb8
Current language: auto; currently minimal
(gdb)

What is the matter?
Can anyone help?

P.S. Can it be true that descent has only a buggy support for gdc? At "Installed Compilers" menu (Windows -> Preferences) it is not possible to add gdc as a new compiler, because descent claims that there is no "DMD" executable in my selected (gdc)-directory.

P.P.S. What directory do I have to choose for the standard library at "Installed Compilers" when trying to configure gdc? The same that is selected for dmd at the dmd-directory under dmd/src ??? I want to use phobos to start with...
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for gdc not being recongnized by descent as an "installed compiler", you can always add phobos as any other include path.

http://dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/ConfiguringProject

I started developing Descent in Windows, and I saw that DMD always comes with the same directory structure, so I took advantage of that so that if you select the root directory, Descent can figure out where phobos is.

Then I downloaded gdc, saw it's directory structure and did the same. But I didn't know that things get installed differently in linux: some things are left in /usr/bin, others in /usr/share, etc., so that approach doesn't work. I didn't fix that because I don't know what structure to look for, and that's why I recommed to add phobos as any other include path.

Luckily I've now switch to Ubuntu and fraserofthenight uses Windows, so we have one developer in each of those platforms. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: