FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eclipse crashes under Ubuntu 8.04

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElZilcho

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Eclipse crashes under Ubuntu 8.04 Reply with quote

I am running Ubuntu with Eclipse 3.2.2, and Eclipse crashes a lot for me while I am running Descent. It usually crashes on either a save, a paste, or a cut. Its really frustrating when it crashes on a cut, because then it saves the file without the cut text and I lose my clipboard contents, so I lose all my code! I feel like it has something to do with the code analysis, since the vast majority of the crashes (other than on save) occur when I am modifying the code in such a way as to make it not valid syntax, such as cutting from an if block and removing only the closing bracket. I am not 100% sure about this, though.

I am not sure how to get information from Eclipse about what caused the crash. How do I do this so I can give you a proper bug report? Is there any feature which is unstable that I can turn off so it will not crash all the time?
ElZilcho

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured it out. Under project menu there is a option "Build automatically". I unchecked that, and it works fine now.
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange that it directly closes Eclipse. When there's something wrong, I get messages in the error log, maybe a popup, but never a crash.

You can see the error log by going to Windows -> Show View -> Other... and then PDE Runtime -> Error Log.

There will probably be a lot of entries there, so you might want to clean the error log and just send the problems you get from now on, in order to associate what happened to what the error was.

Thanks!
ElZilcho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I got an error dialog when Eclipse crashed. It would state that a runtime exception had occurred or something like that. Eclipse would close, it would save my workspace (I think), and then I get the dialog with a stack trace, and the only option being ok. Here is the error message, which I still had in my error log:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: assert(0);
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.IntegerExp.toInteger(IntegerExp.java:483)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.IntegerExp.toCBuffer(IntegerExp.java:280)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.Expression.toChars(Expression.java:438)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.IntegerExp.toChars(IntegerExp.java:416)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.CallExp.semantic(CallExp.java:536)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.ASTDmdNode.arrayExpressionSemantic(ASTDmdNode.java:697)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.CallExp.semantic(CallExp.java:329)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.ExpStatement.semantic(ExpStatement.java:71)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.CompoundStatement.semantic(CompoundStatement.java:143)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.ScopeStatement.semantic(ScopeStatement.java:81)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.Statement.semanticScope(Statement.java:101)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.IfStatement.semantic(IfStatement.java:154)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.CompoundStatement.semantic(CompoundStatement.java:143)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.FuncDeclaration.semantic3(FuncDeclaration.java:1541)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.AttribDeclaration.semantic3(AttribDeclaration.java:113)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.AggregateDeclaration.semantic3(AggregateDeclaration.java:272)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.Module.semantic3(Module.java:225)
at descent.internal.compiler.parser.Module.semantic(Module.java:104)
at descent.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(CompilationUnitResolver.java:358)
at descent.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(CompilationUnitResolver.java:186)
at descent.internal.core.CompilationUnit.buildStructure(CompilationUnit.java:190)
at descent.internal.core.Openable.generateInfos(Openable.java:223)
at descent.internal.core.JavaElement.openWhenClosed(JavaElement.java:539)
at descent.internal.core.CompilationUnit.makeConsistent(CompilationUnit.java:992)
at descent.internal.core.ReconcileWorkingCopyOperation.makeConsistent(ReconcileWorkingCopyOperation.java:143)
at descent.internal.core.ReconcileWorkingCopyOperation.executeOperation(ReconcileWorkingCopyOperation.java:82)
at descent.internal.core.JavaModelOperation.run(JavaModelOperation.java:720)
at descent.internal.core.JavaModelOperation.runOperation(JavaModelOperation.java:781)
at descent.internal.core.CompilationUnit.reconcile(CompilationUnit.java:1132)
at descent.internal.ui.text.java.JavaReconcilingStrategy$1.run(JavaReconcilingStrategy.java:92)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
at descent.internal.ui.text.java.JavaReconcilingStrategy.reconcile(JavaReconcilingStrategy.java:76)
at descent.internal.ui.text.java.JavaReconcilingStrategy.reconcile(JavaReconcilingStrategy.java:140)
at descent.internal.ui.text.CompositeReconcilingStrategy.reconcile(CompositeReconcilingStrategy.java:86)
at descent.internal.ui.text.JavaCompositeReconcilingStrategy.reconcile(JavaCompositeReconcilingStrategy.java:93)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.reconciler.MonoReconciler.process(MonoReconciler.java:75)
at descent.internal.ui.text.JavaReconciler.process(JavaReconciler.java:342)
at org.eclipse.jface.text.reconciler.AbstractReconciler$BackgroundThread.run(AbstractReconciler.java:204)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: