FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autocomplete Library Type?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boris Maron

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Autocomplete Library Type? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to D and consider using Descent. Just one question: if I use an library from a third party and havn't had the source ... could descent autocomplete the types anyway? If I just have the ".lib"? And if so, how does descent achieve this?

Thanks,
Boris
asterite

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Boris,

I don't know much about ".lib" files. How do they work with D?

How do you link in a ".lib" file? How do you use it in your code and how does the D compiler find the imported modules?

Until now, I thoght you alwayws needed the source code... or at least the header definitions.

I'm really interested in knowing this, because it would be interesting if Descent could parse lib files and show suggestions for them.
doob

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derelict is dynamically linked so there's no need for .lib files. To be able to use a library you need source files or header files and derelict provides that so yes descent can autocomplete derelict.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: