FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LLVM D Compiler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindquist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLVMDC has gotten quite far in the last month, so hopefully we're starting to get to a point where some more advanced code can compile successfully.

There's been some major code changes, but that should be over now (at least for a while). I know it's not fun to work on a patch only to have 'svn up' screw everything up...

Also in case anyone would like to help out, I've created an Alpha-release milestone and created a bunch of tickets.

Any help is welcome Smile
wilsonk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tomas,

I just got a new contract today that runs at least until mid-January, so I don't know if I will be able to help out with anything else here Sad

I will try to compile the code on my x86 machine from time to time to test it out (it always works fine on my x86-64 machine, of course).

Anyways, keep up the great work. I will check back as often as I can.

Thanks,
K.Wilson

P.S. You are right about the patches not quite working out lately...but some of the trouble was that I would work on something and then 'svn up' to see it was fixed already. (Like I was tracking down a bug for an expression like "buf[0..(bp-&buf[0])]" and then you fixed it before I could Wink The tickets should help with that now.
lindquist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kelly.
First thanx for your continuing interest in LLVMDC, it great know that people besides myself actually looks at the code and compiles it. It's what motivates me to keep going.

Don't feel obligated in any way, but know that it's much appreciated that you check LLVMDC for x86 arch...

About the patch stuff. (This is for everyone), if you find problems, no matter how big or small they are, either stop by #d on freenode IRC or post a ticket on the TRAC system.

I can't set up this forum to notify me of new topics, and unfortunately I tend to forget to check here. I do get notified of replies though.
When a new ticket is created I get an email, and most likely I will fix the problem (unless it's really major) within a day or two.

My goal is to get an alpha release out early next year and your problem reports could help a lot Smile Either way it tells me that someone has checked out the project which is something I'm very interested in knowing as well Smile

So... Please give me all the feedback you can. All of you !!!

- Tomas
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> LDC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: