FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hooray for derelict!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: hooray for derelict! Reply with quote

Hello. Recently I've got my code to compile and run on windows with the use of derelict. Right now I'm using the code from the first download release.

One small thing I noticed, in derelict SDL keyboard there is a small typo
SDL_DEFAULT_REPEAR_INTERVAL should be changed to SDL_DEFAULT_REPEAT_INTERVAL.

Well, Derelict needs 2 things before it can do all I want it to.

- OpenAL - I am happy to hear you are already working on it. It's a biggie.

- SDL_image - It is nice being able to have a game that can load more than just bmp files Smile

I think I'm going to 'try' to get current derelictSDL etc on linux. I don't know how successfull I'll be but I'll post here again to say how well/futile it seems Smile

I guess that's all. Happy coding!
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: hooray for derelict! Reply with quote

clayasaurus wrote:
Hello. Recently I've got my code to compile and run on windows with the use of derelict. Right now I'm using the code from the first download release.

Yay, someone's finally using it Smile I would, however, recommend that you use the current SVN. I've made a few minor bugfixes that I didn't propagate back to the 0.1 release. I've also changed the names of the Load functions (which should be the last interface change).

Quote:

One small thing I noticed, in derelict SDL keyboard there is a small typo
SDL_DEFAULT_REPEAR_INTERVAL should be changed to SDL_DEFAULT_REPEAT_INTERVAL.

Good catch. I'll get that into svn ASAP.

Quote:

Well, Derelict needs 2 things before it can do all I want it to.

- OpenAL - I am happy to hear you are already working on it. It's a biggie.

I've shifted my priority to Python recently, since I could use it myself. But I'll happily switch gears to OpenAL binding.

Quote:

- SDL_image - It is nice being able to have a game that can load more than just bmp files Smile

I'll also move that up on the priority list. I'm currently also working on a refactoring of the Torque game engine for another project, but knowing that someone besides myself is actually making use of Derelict gives me incentive to spend more time on it than I otherwise would.

Quote:

I think I'm going to 'try' to get current derelictSDL etc on linux. I don't know how successfull I'll be but I'll post here again to say how well/futile it seems Smile

Excellent! I've been hoping someone would step up and incorporate the necessary stuff for Linux for any part of Derelict. It shouldn't be difficult for SDL (in theory). I'll be waiting to hear out it goes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: