FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any recommended versions of dmd/dsss to compile arclib?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speedbrusher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: any recommended versions of dmd/dsss to compile arclib? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

During this weekend, I've tried downloading and compiling arclib using dsss, but without luck.

Currently, i'm using win32 versions of dmd 1.022 and dsss-dmd 0.73, but i'm happy to switch to another versions to be able to follow the tutorials Wink

So, I figured i'd try asking what versions you were using to install arclib using dsss. I would also like to know if I am correct to assume that I need to install using:
Code:
dsss net install arclib-phobos-stable

instead of :
Code:
dsss net install arclib

?

I'm saying this because dsss tells me that the package arclib doesn't appear to exist.

ps.. i'll be more than happy to post the build logs, right from the start, if it helps! Smile
Speedbrusher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... nevermind Wink

I just tried re-installing dmd+dmc+dsss and then afterwards tango and arclib-tango-stable, which went through then dsss installation without error Smile
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice that you got it working. Tango stable will have more support than phobos stable, simply because it is being used more, and it is what I will be using for the tankwars game.

Something you need to keep in mind however, is that there is an OPTLINK bug with tango stable that only seems to be fixed by using the new digitalmars linker http://ftp.digitalmars.com/Digital_Mars_C++/Patch/beta.zip .

Also keep in mind, the tutorials and things might be slightly out of date, so if you're having trouble with a specific part, either post here or grep through the arclib source code.

The API will be going through some major hurdles until 1.0 and until then the documentation will not be able to 'solidify', but the stable branch will remain stable.

Have fun,
~ Clay
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: