FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDL link dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: SDL link dead Reply with quote

Hi,

the link to download SDL bindings seems to be dead. How can i obtain these bindings?

thanks
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that website has gone down, but I've downloaded sdl.zip a couple time, and I found those .zip's on my computer. I attached them to the SimpleDirectMediaLayer page. You'd probably want the newer one that I uploaded: sdl_2006_05_21.

I think it's also worth noting that the newer version I found included this message in readme.txt:
Quote:
This SDL binding is currently abandoned. I recommend you use the one with Derelict instead. It can be found at http://www.dsource.org/projects/derelict.
Auria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
I guess that website has gone down, but I've downloaded sdl.zip a couple time, and I found those .zip's on my computer. I attached them to the SimpleDirectMediaLayer page. You'd probably want the newer one that I uploaded: sdl_2006_05_21.

I think it's also worth noting that the newer version I found included this message in readme.txt:
Quote:
This SDL binding is currently abandoned. I recommend you use the one with Derelict instead. It can be found at http://www.dsource.org/projects/derelict.

When i try this link, i get "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /jpelcis/downloads/sdl.zip on this server."

But i'll look at Derelict, thanks
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auria wrote:
When i try this link, i get "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /jpelcis/downloads/sdl.zip on this server."
That sounds like one of the dead links to summerseas.com/jpelcis that is floating around. Try link should work though: http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/attachment/wiki/SimpleDirectMediaLayer/sdl_2006_05_21.zip?format=raw

(But I still think your best bet is to use Derelict.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Bindings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: