FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MiniD 1.1 -- Fixed supercalls, speed boosts, CLI stuff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: MiniD 1.1 -- Fixed supercalls, speed boosts, CLI stuff Reply with quote

This is actually MiniD 1.1, as the fix to classes makes this somewhat incompatible with old precompiled modules, and vice versa.

OK, so the tagging system was a pain to keep up, since I've been fixing some minor issues and having to re-tag the thing over and over, so now I'm just directing people to download a certain revision in the trunk.

Added/Removed
  • Added minid.compiler.compileExpression to compile a single expression. eval() (in both MiniD and D) now use this and will give better errors because of it.
  • Added the baselib bindContext() function, to do what curry() couldn't.
  • Added an overload of MDState.callMethod that takes an MDString as the method name.
  • Added MDState.callDepth().
  • Added MDState.cat() and MDState.catEq(). Don't know how I missed those before.
  • Added constant folding for three-way comparison expressions (the <=> operator) in the compiler.
  • Moved the guts of MDCL into minid.commandline.CommandLine, as per the suggestion by teqdruid (John).
  • Added the ability to the commandline to enter "=expression" to just evaluate the expression and print it out, much like the Lua CLI, also as per the suggestion by teqdruid.

Changed
  • MDCompileExceptions now have a public atEOF member to indicate whether they were thrown because of an EOF condition or not. To go along with this, minid.compiler.compileStatements no longer takes an out atEOF parameter.
  • Some speed improvements in the interpreter, notably in math, comparisons, and accessing locals. These will probably provide a slight boost in speed for other code as well.
  • The exception traceback mechanism has been moved into MDContext, and is now a per-context entity. This means to access the traceback, you now access the traceback methods through a state's context, rather than through a static method of MDState.

Fixed
  • Integer and character comparison should now work properly in all cases. I used to use (a - b) as the comparison value for them, but that gives erroneous results if the difference between a and b is sufficiently large.
  • Updated the benchmark MiniD scripts to use tango-style formatting.
  • Fixed compilation on non-Windows, where oslib.d would fail to compile because some Windows-only code wasn't versioned correctly.
  • Changed the way classes are created and how supercalls work, to fix ticket 3 (supercalls in class hierarchy more than two deep causes infinite loop).

Sorry I haven't been working on / maintaining MiniD that much over the past couple of months. I've been rather busy with school; I didn't expect to have this much work for so few classes. I have been making commits, though, and if you check in the v2 branch you'll get a sneak peek at what might come in MiniD 2.

Last edited by JarrettBillingsley on Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed a minor bug in the commandline processor where typing an empty line would end the program (it was interpreted as an end-of-file).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: