FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keinfarbton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

A while ago i wanted to help in this project. But I was too busy and my interest went somewhere else. I am sorry for that. Rolling Eyes

Now i installed descent again, to have a D editor on windows, while doing java developement in parallel.

And really, i like it very much. Mr. Green
Thanks for this nice product. Keep on going.

Cheers Frank
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice words.

Actually, I think what pushed your interest away was also my fault, because I didn't make much effort to integrate a compiler with the IDE (top priority in your list), using your ant tasks. At first we started doing so, but then I realized it would do well as a temporary solution, but what I'd really like is something like JDT, which compiles only what is necessary as you save files, and makes the concept of a compiler dissapear. I know, it's very hard, but there's plenty of time to do it, and no rush.

Of course, if you'd like to, the ant tasks are still in the project, and you can implement it temporarily. I'm sure lots of users will find that useful. And all of the switches that are passed to the compiler will still be there if the compiling strategy will change. I also liked your idea about build targets (debug, release, etc.).

Best regards,
Ary
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: