FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build under mac os X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auria

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Build under mac os X Reply with quote

Hi i've just built 'build' on mac os X 10.3.9 (i've had to fix the makefile to include booltype.d you should fix it, as mentionned in another thread) and i've been trying to use it to build some stuff

(sorry if it's a newbie question, but i couldn't find any documentation anywhere mentionning it Embarassed )

files built with 'build' don't seem to recognise the STD api, keeps telling me it can't find std.string, std.stdio and stuff like that, giving this error message on the console. (i tried verbose and it doesn't seem to give any interesting info)
building the same file with 'gdc' works just fine

Error: File 'std/stdio.d' not found.

so what's wrong?? i've seen in an other post:
Quote:

With regards to the previous post, the problem appears that in build.d the vModulesToIgnore has "phobos" as the only entry. I simply added the line

vModulesToIgnore ~= "std";

but it doesn't work, it says:

** File 'vModulesToIgnore~=std.d' not found.[/quote]
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Build under mac os X Reply with quote

Auria wrote:
Hi i've just built 'build' on mac os X 10.3.9 (i've had to fix the makefile to include booltype.d you should fix it, as mentionned in another thread) and i've been trying to use it to build some stuff

(sorry if it's a newbie question, but i couldn't find any documentation anywhere mentionning it Embarassed )

files built with 'build' don't seem to recognise the STD api, keeps telling me it can't find std.string, std.stdio and stuff like that, giving this error message on the console. (i tried verbose and it doesn't seem to give any interesting info)
building the same file with 'gdc' works just fine

Error: File 'std/stdio.d' not found.

so what's wrong?? i've seen in an other post:
Quote:

With regards to the previous post, the problem appears that in build.d the vModulesToIgnore has "phobos" as the only entry. I simply added the line

vModulesToIgnore ~= "std";

but it doesn't work, it says:

** File 'vModulesToIgnore~=std.d' not found.
[/quote]

I very sorry Embarassed . I had updated the the Makefile with the corrections about a month ago but I didn't update the ZIP file.

Also, with the 'std' files, this is a Mac issue in that the current Build assumes that the phobos modules are stored in a directory that has the word 'phobos' in it. You need to add the switch "-Xstd" to your command line to ignore the 'std' modules.

I've fixed this in the next release.

And the docs for that release should be finished sometime in the next 24 hours then I can release it.
Auria

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ran:
build file.d -Xstd

it answered:
ld: Undefined symbols:
__Class_6Object
__D3std5stdio8writeflnFYv
__D6object6Object5opCmpFC6ObjectZi
__D6object6Object5printFZv
__D6object6Object6toHashFZk
__D6object6Object8opEqualsFC6ObjectZi
__D6object6Object8toStringFZAa
__D9invariant12_d_invariantFC6ObjectZv
__Dmodule_ref
__ModuleInfo_3std5stdio
___gdc_personality_v0
__d_newclass
__init_11TypeInfo_Aa
__vtbl_9ClassInfo
dyld_stub_binding_helper

what's wrong now??
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auria wrote:
i ran:
build file.d -Xstd

it answered:
ld: Undefined symbols:
. . .
what's wrong now??

I don't have a Mac Crying or Very sad

However it looks like its not getting the phobos library passed to the linker. Try adding phobos.a to the command line. I'll ask people in the newsgroups about using Build with Macs.
Auria

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... i searched for phobos.a though there's no file called like that (where's it supposed to be with GDC? mac works pretty much the same as unix usually)

however i found a file called libgphobos.a... i don't know if it's the same but i tried adding it:

build -Xstd -L/usr/lib/libgphobos.a file.d

now getting a new set of errors... anyway if you don't have a mac you can't help and i should either wait until i'm enough at D to fix it myself, or when someone else does Confused
swiftcoder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bud running on OS X 10.4, Intel, so I can probably help you out a bit.
Auria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the information posted in my post is now outdated and I haven't tried again since then, and ots have changed. So we definitely need to try again
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: