FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WinXP PyD installation help, please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rzed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: WinXP PyD installation help, please Reply with quote

I've installed PyD on my WinXP machine. celerid shows up in my Python 2.5 site-packages directory as expected. Dmd\bin is on my path. When I attempt to go through the examples, I get this sort of response:

C:\langs\Python25\Lib\site-packages\celerid\examples\inherit>setup build
running build
running build_ext
building 'inherit' extension
error: unknown file type '.d' (from 'inherit.d')

I'm stymied at this point. I'm supposing that the "unknown file type" message comes from distutils, and if so that celerid's patch isn't taking for some reason. Or something.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this to work?

--
rzed
KirkMcDonald

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd. I've never seen that before. I agree, it looks like celerid's hotpatch isn't taking effect, and I am also baffled as to how that could happen.

The only thing that is jumping out at me is "setup build"; did you do something to allow this to work? On my machine, I have to type out the whole "python setup.py build" thing.
rzed

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to the setup build thing, it's a little thing that takes a little setup on Windows (not much, though). There is an environment variable named PATHEXT which consists of a string of file extensions that are recognized as executable by Windows (at least Win2K and later, dunno about earlier). I add .py, .pyw and .pyc to that string, and that allows me to skip the extension. The file association in Windows explorer (tools>folder options>file types) lets you associate .py, etc., with the python executable, which allows me to forego naming python, though it does require me to change the association when I put a new Python version in place.

Whew! Long-winded answer to a simple question, but that's the Windows way, isn't it?

I will recheck my various versions and paths and see if I can't make this work. I really want it to. This is a super idea if it does fly, and I am really looking forward to getting it going. Thanks for the hard work, and for the reply.
rzed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following up to all this: My installation is working now, and I am liking what I see of PyD. It turned out that my particular problem was that my compiler name was set going into the patch (to mingw32), rather than being empty or one of "dmd" or "gdc". I set it to dmd, and everything just works. I like that.
florinj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Failed compilation for hello example Reply with quote

Hi,

(me = win user + python 2.5.4)

I've tryed to compile celerid/examples/hello

First time got same error as rzed.

But after reading instructions from patch_distutils.py I had done

...hello\setup.py added as first line or second (both tryed):

from celerid import patch_distutils

and the command line was:

...\hello>setup.py build --compiler=dmd

Got the following messages:

running build
running build_ext
building 'hello' extension
sources: ['hello.d', 'python.d', 'class_wrap.d', 'ctor_wrap.d', 'def.d', 'dg_convert.d', 'exception.d', 'func_wrap.d', 'iteration.d', 'lib_abstract.d', 'make_object.d', 'op_wrap.d', 'pyd.d', 'pydobject.d', 'struct_wrap.d', 'pydmain.d', 'coroutine.d', 'stackcontext.d', 'stackthread.d', 'tls.d', 'Default.d', 'Demangle.d', 'Nameof.d', 'Util.d', 'python_dll_windows_boilerplate.d']
G:\000_STORAGE\D\dmd\windows\bin\dmd.exe -c -version=Python_2_5_Or_Later -version=Python_Unicode_UCS2 -version=Optimized -release -O -inline -IC:\Python25\lib\site-packages\celerid\infrastructure\python\2.5 -IC:\Python25\lib\site-packages\celerid\infrastructure -ofbuild\temp.win32-2.5\Release\project\hello.obj -version=Pyd_with_StackThreads hello.d
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\celerid\infrastructure\python\2.5\python.d(1948): found 'ref' when expecting ')'
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\celerid\infrastructure\python\2.5\python.d(1948): semicolon expected following function declaration
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\celerid\infrastructure\python\2.5\python.d(1948): Declaration expected, not ')'
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\celerid\infrastructure\python\2.5\python.d(1953): found 'ref' when expecting ')'
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\celerid\infrastructure\python\2.5\python.d(1953): semicolon expected following function declaration
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\celerid\infrastructure\python\2.5\python.d(1953): Declaration expected, not ')'
C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\celerid\infrastructure\python\2.5\python.d(3500): unrecognized declaration
error: command 'G:\000_STORAGE\D\dmd\windows\bin\dmd.exe' failed with exit status 1

All examples build give de same sort of errors.
What I have done wrong?
Please help.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> PyD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: