FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building BCDGEN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chojin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Building BCDGEN Reply with quote

Ok, so I've spent the last couple of hours trying to build bcdgen on windows... with zero luck.

I've got the prereqs and as far as I can tell they are installed correctly.

I try to build bcdgen with:

dmd -g bcd/gen/bcdgen.d bcd/gen/libxml2.d common/path.d -ofbcdgen.exe libxml2.lib

I got this command line argument based on the included makefile. now, I have placed a libxml2.lib in my /libs/ dir but when compiling I get errors that it isn't a valid library. I got it from the libxml zip off the libxml site so I gather it wasn't meant for D. I also tried generating a library from the dll using implib, which also generates a nonworking .lib file.

I get this error:

F:\Toolchain--D\compiler\bin\..\lib\libxml2.lib
Error 43: Not a Valid Library File
--- errorlevel 1

I am new to D but I really would like to use cairo within it. Because the cairo bindings maintainer hasn't updated in like a year, I am trying to create bindings for it myself.

Why can't bcdgen just provide a binary?!?! It seems like a relatively ridiculous thing to go through all this when it has a complicated compilation procedure.
jcc7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Building BCDGEN Reply with quote

chojin wrote:
Why can't bcdgen just provide a binary?!?! It seems like a relatively ridiculous thing to go through all this when it has a complicated compilation procedure.
Are you sure that a binary isn't provided?

See http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd/browser/downloads
chojin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcc7,

thankyou so much for that, I didn't actually get those when I downloaded the cvs tree. Via the browser it worked fine. Thanks for taking the time to respond to both of my posts.
ideage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Building BCDGEN Reply with quote

chojin wrote:
F:\Toolchain--D\compiler\bin\..\lib\libxml2.lib
Error 43: Not a Valid Library File
--- errorlevel 1

use implib /s libxml2.lib libxml2.dll to generate OMF format lib,then will sucess.
________
extreme vaporizer

Last edited by ideage on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
dan.lewis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks m8! I'm hoping to figure out how to bind a few C++ libraries such as Ogre3D and ++DirectFB to D via BCD. If it works, I might post the result in the Bindings project.

It would be awesome for game construction and linux graphics to have those two under the ol' belt (in addition to OpenGL and OpenAL which they already have)

I picture D + Ogre3D + DirectFB + DirectFBGL + OpenGL + OpenAL + Blender3D being used for some sweet-assed rapid game and desktop construction... and it would work on a Linux+fb.

Advantages: Surprised

Doesn't use X11,
    Hardware acceleration is decent,
    Ogre3D does most of the graphics math,
    Garbage collected,
    D,
    Ogre3D mesh and texture files are sexy,
    OpenGL is portable. D is portable. Only DirectFB interfaces need to be ported (probably to DirectX).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> BCD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: