FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

win32 registry and sdk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> tango.win32
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lutger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: win32 registry and sdk Reply with quote

Are there any plans on converting phobos' std.windows.registry to tango? I could do it if it is wanted, but I'd rather not if it is already being done.

EDIT: I already have the registry module working with Tango, it was almost no work. Smile Anyway if it is wanted in Tango I'm willing to brush up the documentation and all that, just give me a notice.

Another windows question: what are the modules I would need for win32 programming?

The documentation seems to not match what is actually in Tango at the moment: "The Windows Win32 API is located in tango.sys.windows...The module tango.sys.windows.core holds the core Windows API functions." (Chapter 15 of the manual) On my Tango install I find tango.sys.win32 with different named modules.

I hope this is the right place to post these questions.
sean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Windows API is in tango.sys.win32 now--the docs will need to be updated. Hopefully the modules there contain everything you need. If not, the appropriate declarations can be added.
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The std.registry is currently not in Tango, but it is quite possible that it could live in this project as we are wary of adding platform specific stuff to the core (the reason of this project's existance).
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: win32 registry and sdk Reply with quote

Lutger wrote:
Are there any plans on converting phobos' std.windows.registry to tango? I could do it if it is wanted, but I'd rather not if it is already being done.
Speaking of std.windows.registry, I've observed a problem with it. It could be that I just don't know what I'm doing, but there seems to be some sort of character-encoding error that shows up when a registry entry contains a special character, such as a NUL character or an "(R)" symbol.

If you don't run into that problem, that's great. I just thought that I'd warn you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> tango.win32 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: