FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for bug testers and people who know regexps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Looking for bug testers and people who know regexps Reply with quote

OK, I think MiniD is starting to near "completion." Or something like that. Although I don't think there is ever such a thing as completion.

That being said, I'm looking for people to take MiniD and run it through as rigorous tests as you can. Make code as complex as you can, and see if it handles it correctly. And if it doesn't - let me know, or maybe even post a fix for it.

Because GDC hasn't been updated in so long, it can't really be used to compile MiniD unless some brave souls want to update it themselves.

The other matter is that I'd really like to have a robust regexp library in MiniD, but being largely ignorant in the matter, I don't think I'd be up to the task of doing so. So I'm looking for people who know about regexps and would be willing to write a library, or at least help me out on one, giving me direction as to what it should include, what syntax to use, etc.

Please reply!

Last edited by JarrettBillingsley on Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have time to test it now, but I look forward to testing it in the future!

A note, however, remove all the /* and */ from your simple.md file so that test.exe spits out some data.

Keep up the good work! I think minid has great potential.

~ Clay
Bradley Smith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have instructions for how MiniD can be used?

The batch files in the project reference batch files in \dmd\proj. Is there a dependency that is required?

As a side note, assuming DMD is installed in \dmd will sometimes not work. For example, I install DMD in c:\dmd, but develop on d:\. Therefore \dmd would refer to d:\dmd which is not valid.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a simple.md file in the trunk, and this http://www.dsource.org/projects/minid

MiniD does not have any dependencies, the makefile shows how you can compile it.
qbert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there is no standalone MiniD interepeter that can be run on .md scripts?. I see modifiying test.d to handle args[] would work ?

Charlie
Roosmaa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qbert wrote:
So there is no standalone MiniD interepeter that can be run on .md scripts?. I see modifiying test.d to handle args[] would work ?

As stated in this post, Jarrett just added such interpreter. It's called MDCL and the source for this can be found here.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: