FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

openal diff patches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: openal diff patches Reply with quote

hey i made some openal diff patches for h2d that work for me. i put them in my download directory

http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/claytek/downloads/

also, another thing. even when i apply the patch running the 'deeify' script, the script seems to say "could not import generated module, " even when dmd -c file.d doesn't produce any errors.

edit: fixed.

Last edited by clayasaurus on Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I'll grab the patch and have a look see.

Dunno whats happening with your deeify run - any chance of seeing your console output? Not that it'll probably help...
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just updated the openal patch diff to the

diff -C 3 command instead of just diff.

edit: note, i havn't linked it with allib to see if it works, but dmd -c generates a module so i bet it will work
Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does the deeify script run without an error now? And did you resubmit the new diffs in your download section?
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i updated the patches and no, deeify still give an error, which is strange because if i do dmd -c file.d it works. oh well. the error is "dmd could not import the generated module"
Cabal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is what I think is happening... take al.d as an example. When you patch this file an 'import' line is added at the top for altypes.d which has no path element, so the dmd command executed by deeify does not know where to pick the import up from. It works for you running dmd at the command line because I presume you are cd'ing to the destination directory and trying to compile it from there. eg if I...

Code:
./deeify /usr/include/AL/altypes.h openal
./deeify /usr/include/AL/al.h openal

The above will create the modules in the openal subdirectory and will require that the import line in al.d be

Code:
import openal.al;

D imports create a destination path from the current working directory (by default).

This whole issue does raise a question though - I don't know openal so shoot me down if you want: al.h #includes altypes.h - so the al.d module will contain all of altypes.h content anyway. Why try to create an individual module for altypes.h?

When I have been looking at getting headers to convert to D modules I have been trying to determine which headers are actually included in user code and just converting those on the basis that the other headers are shared between the main headers and do not actually form a coherent modules by themselves.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really know openal that well either. i'm learning and trying to convert to D in the process. anyway, i just got frustrated and converted it all by hand

http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/claytek/downloads/openal.tar

there are two things i don't like about h2d...

1) replace includes with import's, not the contents of the whole file, as it gets annoying when dmd gives multi-def errors and i have to go through code and delete the same stuff over again in every file

2) replace '#define THISTHINGY 1' with a 'const int THISTHINGY = 1;' or just don't remove this type of define at all and let user do it by hand.

that's all. byes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> h2d All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: