FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heads up!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Heads up! Reply with quote

Anyone interested will find the source in the svn repository.

Goodluck.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i downloaded the program and ran

Code:
./deeify: line 30: ./h2d: No such file or directory
*** dmd could not import the generated module.
*** And there does not appear to be a patch file for it.
*** You could correct/create the generated module by hand and post the patch file to the h2d forum on dsource.org
*** Or you could try updating your h2d files in the hope that someone else has already made a patchfile
*** Or you could come along to the dsource forums and have a good old whinge about how it didn't work for you ;)

so what am i doing wrong? or how do i make a patch? thx.

edit: i just realized that 'deeify' is just a script. would it be possible to just have the hd2 exec in the svn as well? because i won't be able to download a 69 megabyte boost lib on 56k.
Cabal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not thought of that Smile

I'll get one put together.
Cabal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, there's a .tgz in the download directory of the svn repository (h2d-0.0.1.tgz) which you should be able to grab via svn.
Alternatively, Brad is going to put a proper link in from the project download page if that is more like what you want to do - dunno how long that might take tho.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, cool the download works for me. I can convert h files to d with deeify. i have one question though, after deeify runs it says dmd could not import it and it needs a patch file. What are the patch files all about, is it so after you run deeify you fix it then make a patch to it so others can just run deeify and apply a patch?
Cabal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit it on the head - there are some things that h2d can't take account of due to not being a 'proper' parser.
The most likely thing to be upsetting dmd after h2d has produced a file is having a struct declared/defined more than once. Then next most likely problem is a type change in variable name lists. eg:

Code:
_XDisplay *p1, *p2;

In C this just means that 'p1' is a pointer to an _XDisplay and 'p2' is also a pointer to an _XDisplay, the '*' is right associative and each '*' belongs to the name on the right. But in D, '*' is left associative in declarations so the statement begins as declaring pointers to _XDisplay's. The second name comes along with it's own '*' effectively saying 'I'm going to be a pointer to a pointer to an _XDisplay' - and D doesn't allow the type to change.

So, yes. If, after running deeify, it tells you that dmd wouldn't import the file you should edit your .d file and produce a patch which you can post on here and I'll put it in the repository for everyone to use.

Alternatively, you could argue that the things h2d didn't do right should be fixed properly and incorporated into the source so that the problem is fixed without patches. If possible within the constraints of the parse method, I'll attempt to do this. But for that you'll either have to supply examples or point me at the C package you are trying to use.

PS. The README will tell you about producing patches...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> h2d All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: